Regular Season (Registration Open)
If you have any questions regarding registration, please contact email@example.com.
1. Fill out the online application.
2. Complete and sign the Medical Waiver.
3. Turn in the application and waiver before Friday, October 16th.
4. Join our discord server. We will be using discord for all of our communication.
5. Pay the $70 membership donation using this link. If you've would like to get a polo, pay the $25 using this link.
6. If you've donated or payed for the polo, make sure to attach a PDF receipt of your transaction to this form.
Payments can be made through the Monta Vista Student Store.
We request a donation of $70 to help operate our team to its fullest extent. If you are ordering a polo, we require a fee of $25 to pay for the polo, which can be included in your donation. Donations and polo orders have no impact on your participation on the team.
Any amount you are able to contribute is greatly appreciated.
Questions? Contact Us!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there a test/tryout to be a part of robotics, or can anyone join?
Nope, all a student needs to do is complete the registration process and they can be a part of the team!
2. Do students need to pick a specific division on the team, or can they do everything?
Students can be a part of as many or as few divisions as they feel comfotable with. Students can always try working in different divisions and learn about all aspects of the team! There is no requirement to choose a division at any point of time.
3. How will robotics work in the current virtual environment?
Our first priority is the safety of all members, and in accordance with the county and school guidelines, robotics will be fully online during the fall. We will be conducting demos and other fun and interactive activities virtually to try and minimize the effect of virtual training. Once county and school guidelines determine gatherings to be safe, we will restart conducting robotics in person.
4. Do students need to attend all meetings?
Nope, students are not required to attend every meeting, and they should decide whether or not to attend a meeting based on their academic progress and other activities they take part in. All online training sessions will be recorded and available on the resources section of the website if a student misses a meeting. Although missing a lot of meetings will result in the student not getting access to the interactive activities, and so we don't recommend students to only watch the online recordings.
5. What exactly does the $70 donation contribute to?
The donations we receive help pay for the expense of the various tools and parts we use, such as crimpers, drills, stock aluminum, etc. These donations also help us cover the expenses for organizing meetings and services, such as securing space for large team events and bringing food and other essential commodities. We require about $50k-$70k to operate the team each year, and donations help us cover part of that cost.