If you have any questions about upcoming events, or something doesn't look quite right, let us know! The calendar is best viewed on a computer.
MVRT attends a series of competitions throughout the year:
- Los Angeles North Regional: 2/27-3/01
- Sacramento Regional: 3/25-3/28 (SUSPENDED)
2020 Competition Season:
2020 Off-sesason: (SUSPENDED due to COVID-19)
Additionaly, we also attend/host a number of events and demos:
- Rookie Trainings: October 5th - November 20th
- Diversity in STEM Symposium: November 21st, 3-5 PM
Outreach Events/Demos: (SUSPENDED due to COVID-19)
Having been an FRC team since 1997, MVRT's experience has helped us develop tips for what we believe are the keys to success in the FIRST Robotics Competition. We have put together a collection of resources, including our popular FIRST Aid Kit, for the use of both members and other teams.
Talon SRX Breakout Boards
MVRT Talon SRX Breakout
- Two limit switches with status-indicating LEDs (red or yellow)
- Quadrature and Analog Encoder
- Port for Quadrature Index
- Switch between 5V and 3V analog input with a microswitch
- Piggybacks directly on Talon SRX
- Supports shrouded connectors
The MVRT Talon SRX Breakout requires both surface mount and through hole soldering. The exact components are linked in the open source files below, because the entire board is 100% open source. The board comes with the 12-pin header to attach to the Talon SRX. MVRT highly recommends that you place electrical tape on the bottom of the board to pevent shorts.
I want one!
Thankfully, you’ll probably be able to get one! MVRT is selling them on eBay , and if you prefer to make one yourself, you can find all the information you need below, as the MVRT Talon SRX Breakout is 100% open source!