Listed below are numerous documents that we use ourselves in order to keep going as a functional, well-organized team. We hope that by providing these documents to the FIRST community, it will give other teams a chance to see how we run different aspects of our team.
- Job Description
- An overview of the job description for the mechanical build leads.
- Inventor Naming Conventions
- In order to help keep track of all the inventor files our members create overtime, we use this document to help organize our files.
- Ordering Bosch
- This document can be helpful for teams that use bosch as the framing material for their robot and need to know how to order bosch.
- Training Schedule
- This training schedule has been used in the past to train rookies before build season begins. This schedule is used for our engineering, mechanical, and electrical divisions.
- Tool Manual
- In order to have a successful build season, each team needs the right tools. Composed within this document is a list of tools that we use throughout each build season.
- End of Kickoff
- This powerpoint is what we use to recap what we will be doing during build with the rest of the team at the end of the first day of the build season.
- Design Review 1
- We used this powerpoint to show our mentors and parents on our team our plans for the robot one week into build. At the start of the design review, we review the game video and rules. Then we continue with the designs we have prototyped and put onto Inventor and discuss the good and the bad.
- FLL Binder
- This is a comprehensive binder made by the FLL coaches themselves on helpful links, advises, and tips on how to start, mentor, and volunteer with the FLL program. This document includes competition information, FLL values, judging rubrics, and much more to help everyone on their way to success with FLL.
- FIRST Aid Kit
- The FIRST Aid Kit is our all-in-one team manual that shows how we run every aspect of our team. There are numerous tips and strategies throughout the kit that will help you jump-start your team!
- Winning 2010 Chairman’s Award Essay
- Fueled by innovation, ambition, and passion for impacting our community, the Monta Vista Robotics Team has been changing lives since 1998. Since our founding, we have received 44 awards at FIRST Regionals and the Championships. Last year we won…
- 2010 Woodie Flowers Award Essay: Mr. Mauri Laitnen
- Altruism is the only word that can describe the spirit Mr. Laitinen has shown to the Monta Vista Robotics Team since 2004. As co-founder of AutoDesk armed with 35 years of engineering experience, not only is Mr. Laitinen well qualified to help us…
- 2009 Chairman’s Award Essay
- Fueled by innovation, ambition, and passion for impacting our community, the Monta Vista Robotics Team has been changing lives both on and off the field since 1998. MVRT works to develop the visionaries of tomorrow through technical expertise and public…
- 2007 Woodie Flowers Award Essay: Mr. Mauri Laitnen
- It is not everyday that one encounters a special person, filled with dedication, generosity, and intelligence. This remarkable person is not only a great mentor, but is also a great role model for team members to depend on. Joining Team 115 at a…
- 2006 Chairman’s Award Essay
- In 1998, among the stately buildings of Monta Vista High School, the passion between a small collection of solid friends produced a FIRST robotics team. With a pledge to join and advance the cause of inspiration in science and technology, this team…
- 2004 Winning Woodie Flowers Award Essay: Mr. Ted Shinta
- Mr. Shinta’s story is about wealth, riches, and accumulating and growing assets. However, the Mr. Shinta we are talking about has a salary below median earnings. He drives a ten-year-old white pickup truck and lives in a small apartment. Mr. Shinta…