Registration for the 2017-2018 season is closed.
Interested in joining one of our FLL teams for the 2017-2018 season?
Learn more here.
Are you interested in joining our team for the 2017-2018 season?
Learn more here.
The Monta Vista Robotics Team competes in the annual FIRST Robotics Competition, with the goal of inspiring high school students to become more excited about STEM and pursue careers in engineering. Every year, students (with support from professional engineers) also have the opportunity to design, manufacture, and program 120lb robots to participate in the annual FRC challenge, with constraints of both time and resources, allowing them to truly experience real-world engineering.
Learn more about our team here.
Registration Timeline & Major Events
A complete calendar of events is available here.
- Sept 14: Information Meeting in F108, lunchtime (tentative)
- Sept 19: Rookie Trainings begin
- Sept 24-25: Chezy Champs offseason event @ Bellarmine College Prep
- Sept 21: Parents Night in F108, 6:30 PM (tentative)
- October 1st: Forms Due
- Oct 7-8: CalGames offseason event @ Fremont HS
- Jan 7: FRC Kickoff (Build Season: Jan 7 – Feb 21)
- Late March, Early April: Utah & Silicon Valley Regionals (dates TBD)
- April 19-22: FIRST Championships @ Houston, TX (TBD)
MVRT runs on an annual budget of $50,000, and $70,000 in years when we attend the Championships. This includes $9,000 for FIRST and tournament registrations ($14,000 including Champs), and additional costs for parts, travel, tools and supplies. Although grants and sponsorships subsidize significant amounts of these expenses, we ask for a tax-deductible donation of $135 for the year. If a student wishes to become a member of MVRT and cannot afford part or all of the requested membership donation, scholarships are available. Please contact the team president at email@example.com, or one of the mentors. Checks can be made out to “MV ASB”, with “MVRT” in the memo.
1. Fill out the online application.
2. Print out, complete, and sign the Membership Agreement & Medical Form.
Turn forms in to any MVRT Officer, or stop by at one of our meetings.
3. Pay the $135 membership donation (or $160 with a polo).
Checks can be made out to “MV ASB”, with “MVRT” in the memo, and turned in to any officer.
If you have any personal financial issues with paying the membership fee, please talk to us! We are more than willing to accommodate to your situation and we don’t want money to be a reason for your not joining.